P. Surendra Pai
Mr. P. S. Pai is an industry veteran having built/grown multiple large well known enterprises in his illustrious career. Prior to his retirement, he served as the Executive Chairman of the highly diversified Murugappa Group in Chennai from October 2002-06. During this period he contributed significantly in increasing the turnover of the group from 4200 Crores in 2002-03 to over 7300 crores in 2005-06. Profits increased from 264 crores in 2002-03 to 802 crores in 2005-06. Group companies include.
- EID Parry India Ltd.
- Tube Investments India Ltd.
- Coromandel Fertlisers Ltd.
- Godavari Fertlisers and Chemicals Ltd.
- Carborundum Universal India Ltd.
- Cholamandalam DBS Finance Ltd.
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance.
Previous to this engagement, Pai worked with Wipro (1979-2002) as General works manager of manufacturing. He held the final position of Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Consumer care and Lighting business at Wipro.
He also held the position of Assistant works manager with Union Carbide India Ltd. (1967-1979)
Currently he serves as advisor to
- Shree Ramcides chemicals Private Ltd.
- Consim India Private Ltd.
- Newgen Image works Private Ltd.
PS Pai holds a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Mysore University and completed his post graduation in Industrial Engineering from IIT Madras.